The midterm exam will be given on Monday, June 24, between 6 pm and 8 pm.
It will be open book: the course web site as well and any internet site will be accessible, and you can also bring any printed material.
The final exam will be given on Monday, July 8, between 6 pm and 8 pm.
The class meets on Monday and Wednesday, starting on 5/29/2019,
in Engineering D-112 (Linux lab) from 6 pm to 10:25 pm. The last day of class will be on 7/3/2019.
||General description of the course and objectives
Here is the list of course material ordered from most recently first.
Day 7, 6/19/2019:
- Practical exercises for midterm preparation
- Lesson 10 Run levels, at, cron
Day 6, 6/17/2019:
- Lesson 9
Building Linux packages
- Lesson 8 Application compilation
Day 5, 6/12/2019:
- Lesson 7
Linux and Windows interoperability
Day 4, 6/10/2019:
- Lesson 6 NFS
Day 3, 6/5/2019:
- Lesson 5 Networking
- Lesson 4 Linux package management
Day 2, 6/3/2019:
- Lesson 3
Server virtualization with KVM
- Lesson 2 Installation and upgrade
Day 1, 5/29/2019:
- Lesson 1 Commands, shells, processes