Topics covered in the previous years class
- General Linux administration tasks: system commands, shells, processes, file management.
- Installation and upgrade
- Networking:fundamentals of TCP/IP, subnetting and routing; host configuration; network services.
- Virtualization: KVM, Xen, VMware.
- Code development: Makefile, compilation.
- Network File System (NFS)
- Unix and Windows connectivity: Windows VM on Linux, Samba.
- Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Shell scripting: bash, grep, awk, sed
- Run levels, system startup and shutdown; scheduled tasks: at, cron
- Security topics
- Computational Linux Clusters: OpenMP, MPI.
Most of the subjects will be the same.